Learn about Kaiser Permanente
Medicaid Fraud and Abuse
Fraud and abuse occur when false or untrue information is given to receive health care benefits, services, and/or payments, either for that person or for someone else. If you suspect a member or a provider has committed fraud, waste, or abuse, you have a responsibility to report it. Examples of member fraud, waste, or abuse include, but are not limited to:
- Lending your insurance ID card to someone else.
- Using more than one provider to get similar treatments and/or medications.
- Frequent emergency room visits for non-emergency conditions.
- Not living in Maryland.
- Falsely reporting household income or under-reporting income, insurance, resources and assets, such as bank accounts, stocks, bonds, and property.
- Altering a written prescription.
- Selling prescription medications.
To report fraud or abuse, gather as much information as possible. You can report providers or members directly to Kaiser Permanente by writing to:
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Mid-Atlantic States, Inc.
2010 East Jefferson Street
Rockville, MD 20852
You can also contact the Office of Inspector General Hotline at 866-770-7175. Reporting fraud and abuse will not affect how you are treated by Kaiser Permanente.