How to enroll
If you qualify for Medicaid because you receive payments from either Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA), or as a result of the Medicaid application process, you would likely be eligible for HealthChoice. HealthChoice enrollment is administered by the DHMH’s contracted Enrollment Broker. The Enrollment Broker handles outreach, education and the enrollment of all eligible beneficiaries. If eligible for HealthChoice, you will be sent materials regarding each MCO available in your county of residence so that you can choose your own provider. The information packet that you receive will include:
- The names and addresses of participating providers;
- A schedule of the benefits offered, including any benefits offered beyond the basic required package;
- A narrative description of the clinical expertise and experience of the MCO’s network for special needs populations;
- Any forms necessary to select an MCO (including a health risk assessment form);
- And the toll-free telephone number of the enrollment unit.
The Enrollment Broker is available to assist you with any aspect of the enrollment process. You may enroll by mail, telephone, and face-to-face meeting, if requested, or if medically necessary. For assistance in making an application for HealthChoice, please contact the HealthChoice Enrollment Line at (800) 977-7388. You may call Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m.- 7:00 p.m.